The timer went off. I anxiously slipped my hands into the black oven mittens and pulled the loaf pan out of the oven. “Bread smells so good,” I thought to myself, “I wonder how it will taste?” The brown crusty exterior beckoned to me and I immediately pulled out a knife to cut it. But wait, shouldn’t I let it cool? No. The smell, the look, I can’t wait so with plate, butter, and knife I cut the first chunk for me. Quickly spreading a ton of butter on it my mouth wrapped itself around the piece and I heard the crunch as my teeth broke through the crust and landed on the pillow-soft chewy center. Heavenly. And it all started with yeast…
Isn’t that how you want people to react to you? Your message? Or services and products? So attracted by the smell and the crust they can’t wait to bite down and experience all you have to offer. The rockstar Lifestyle is about becoming yeast in the world. Believing you are valuable and embracing the true star you are. Real. Authentic you. Let’s examine this idea closer.
6 Characteristics of Yeast (and You)
1.Yeast Looks Weak – dry, beige, hard, micro-mini granular, plain and seemingly powerless. But it can have a negative or positive impact on its environment.
2. Yeast Works Quietly – no big fanfare or announcement. Yeast quietly, consistently, intentionally goes about its business.
3. Yeast Never Becomes the Dough- but makes space for itself by slowly, relentlessly permeating every inch of its environment forcing the dough to rise in order to accommodate it.
4. Yeast is Activated by Heat and Pressure, Moisture – works best in that environment.
5. Yeast Affects Are Observable – you can see the results of its labor, the work, the time, the effort, its fruit is evident. The dough rises 3 times its size or more because of yeast.
6. Yeast is Useless Sitting In the Package – it’s powerless, useless, and stagnant in the package. It has the potential to influence but until activation takes place its. just. there.
Be Like Yeast For Delicious Living
Engage the world – put yourself out there. It’s time to move, take action, people who need what you have to offer are waiting your community is salivating, ready with plate, butter, and knife to bite into you. Claim your space.
Confront the world – Face the reality that everyone will not like you. That you are NOT perfect. But do not let that stop you from permeating every nook and cranny of the world you influence.
Strategic Impact on the world – create a plan. Write down your purpose, vision, goals. What are your values? A life plan will direct and guide you.
I use all these materials and they have a profound effect on helping me think like a ROCKStar and be like yeast. Invest time and money in yourself. Hire a good life coach (like Joel Boggess) to help you create a strategic life plan so you can impact this world with your goodness.
Hmm, craving some bread.